Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Go For It



You probably don't know this about me but I'm a shy guy and yet that is an understatement.

I feel very, very awkward when I have to meet a new group of people in situations where I just can't help it.

School ended sometime in February and that was also the last time I played basketball, something I love. I thought to myself, "When the boards get over, I'm gonna get serious and play everyday".

bullshit.

Instead, everyday I tell myself and my OneHitWonder, "I'm definitely gonna go play today" and I end up feeling too lazy when its time.

sucks.

But TODAY was different. =)

I put on my abandoned basketball shorts and wore a really long t-shirt to fit the image I had in my head and looked in the mirror and said...YO! =/ (True Story)

ANYWAY, I walked to this park and stood outside the gate peering inside like a creep. The same annoying 'shy' fear hit me and I decided to go back home. But I stopped before I took a step away from where I really wanted to be and decided again that I didn't want another fail day and "I told you so" when I spoke to 'her'.

So I walked inside the gate and walked across the court to where these two guys were shooting hoops and stood awkwardly...

Then came the "You wanna play?"

Sushmit said, "Yea cool, lets".

I'm back! =B

Oh also...I kicked ass...and it felt good. =)

1 comment: